AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own both these receivers and one has got to go. The power and dynamics are very similiar. I was hoping someone here would be able to help me make the choice on which to sell. I would sell both, but I really want to keep a great powerhouse receiver around. They are both worth about the same, and the sound is nearly identical to me. Both are direct coupled amps. The tuners are nearly identical as well., Any and all opinions would be appreciated. Thanks,

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I own a few old Pioneer SX pieces, A 1280 and a 1050. I always liked the cosmetics of the SX series myself and parts are more readily available.

Just one mans biased opinion but I say keep them both ;)

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
If one has to go, I'd keep the Pio. Not necessarily because it's better, but for the reasons Tom mentioned and for future resale value of the Pioneer name in the older receivers.

I used to have a Sansui 9090DB many years ago, man do I wish I still had it. Picked it up at a garage sale for $25 because it was "blown", put in a couple of fuses, used it for a couple years and then sold it for $200. Thought I made a good turn then, but hind sight is always 20/20....

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
flip a coin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.