AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents

I own a Pioneer SX-315 receiver (2 years old) and now the unit has a problem. When I turn the unit on it shuts off after 2 to 3 seconds. When I attempt to turn the unit on again I have to hit the power button twice (I say twice because the first time nothing happens) only to have the unit shut off once more after 2 to 3 seconds. Anyone have the same problem and if so do you know how to fix this problem?

Thanks to all for reading this post

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus_67 /forum/post/15531263

Ladies and Gents

I own a Pioneer SX-315 receiver (2 years old) and now the unit has a problem. When I turn the unit on it shuts off after 2 to 3 seconds. When I attempt to turn the unit on again I have to hit the power button twice (I say twice because the first time nothing happens) only to have the unit shut off once more after 2 to 3 seconds. Anyone have the same problem and if so do you know how to fix this problem?

Thanks to all for reading this post

Sounds like speaker wire are touching each other somewhere. Check the back of the receiver and each speaker. If indeed that is the cause its making your unit go into protect mode. All it takes is one stray wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts