AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pioneer tech support told me that getting the 5080 calibrated would void the TV's warranty. Were you guys aware??? Could this be true????

ETA: SORRY IF THIS IS OLD NEWS, I'M NEW, I WAS TRYING TO BRING PERTINENT INFO TO NEWBIES LIKE MYSELF!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
yes, it's been mentioned many times.

to calibrate the regular Kuros the ISF tech needs to go into the service menu.

Just another factor some consider when choosing a Kuro Elite as you can have them ISF calibrated without going into the service menu.

Going into the service menu by anyone other than an authorized pioneer rep is grounds for Pioneer voiding the warranty.

How they would know or if they would actually do that to a Kuro owner is a different story.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 /forum/post/12936807

yes, it's been mentioned many times.

to calibrate the regular Kuros the ISF tech needs to go into the service menu.

Just another factor some consider when choosing a Kuro Elite as you can have them ISF calibrated without going into the service menu.

Going into the service menu by anyone other than an authorized pioneer rep is grounds for Pioneer voiding the warranty.

How they would know or if they would actually do that to a Kuro owner is a different story.

Wouldn't the settings be diiferent than factory, hence they would know the settings were tampered with?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Their all Kuro's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber /forum/post/12936877

Since when did the 5080 become a kuro model? I thought Kuro was one up from the Elite line.

·
Registered
712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber /forum/post/12936877

Since when did the 5080 become a kuro model? I thought Kuro was one up from the Elite line.

Everything from the 4280 and above is part of the Kuro line.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Actually Federal law requires them to prove that what the ISF calibration did caused the problem if a problems is found. If something they did caused a problem then yes the TV would not be covered under warranty, but if a defect is found not caused by ISF then they would have to cover it. I think you can find this in the FAQ at the ISF home page. The car companies tried this a long time ago with aftermarket radios and stereos, it didn't work.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I was told by my ISF calibrator/Pioneer service tech, that other than the changed RBG values your ISF calibrator would change, there is no way to tell the SM has been accessed.

So if you write down your original values, you could change them back before any work to be done on the set. But he also said. Pioneer in general only really warranties items that FAIL, so they probably wouldn't even go into that part of the SM.

·
Banned
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaxx /forum/post/12938470

I was told by my ISF calibrator/Pioneer service tech, that other than the changed RBG values your ISF calibrator would change, there is no way to tell the SM has been accessed.

So if you write down your original values, you could change them back before any work to be done on the set. But he also said. Pioneer in general only really warranties items that FAIL, so they probably wouldn't even go into that part of the SM.

Yes I heard a couple of different answers on this. Keep in mind the local tech (not from Pioneer) has to determine that the menu was accessed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts