AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading so many good things about Pioneer elite receivers. I also see that there are some Pioneer models that seem to be roughly similar in features or power to the Elite line. Does anyone have an opinion of how they compare in sound quality and build quality? I see that there are some new Pioneer models on the way that offer a lot of power and features for the buck.

Anyone know by the way whether the new Pioneer models means that new Elite models are also on their way?

·
Registered
813 Posts
The Elite 59TXi has been on its way since December. The other 5 series are already available.

The Elite receivers have a much better build quality and mush better MCACC auto calibration system. Shop for an Elite and you are not likely to be disappointed.

Bill

·
Registered
154 Posts
One of the benifits of having an Elite line is that the lower products lines can reap some of the benifits at a lower cost. I own an Elite reciever myself and am extremely happy with it, however, I would rank the lower line Pioneer recievers against any of the other manufacturers lower lines. I think that many of the benifits of the Elite lines are available with Pioneer's lower lines but as mentioned by mrmagoo they are not up to par with the Elite lines.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Having owned 2 non-Elite receivers, and now an Elite 49Txi, there is no comparison for me. The Elite outperforms. Granted, the technology has improved. But, construction & real world power capability is better IMO.

The first Pioneer was mid-line, the second was the top model in the consumer line with Dolby Prologic. In those days, Elites were sold at MSRP which was $2K+ and more than I had/wanted to spend. While you may get many of the same features, the implementation would have to be better in the Elites.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.