AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of a Sonos system to use with my VSX-01TXH.

Currently I am using one of the optical inputs for my HD DVR and the other one for my Denon CD player (broken) which I am replacing with the Sonos system. Therefore I will use that optical input the CD player is presently using on my VSX-01TXH. Will that be ok? Will there be any issues with my SW? Are there any other issues or tips I should be made aware of?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy
I am considering the purchase of a Sonos system to use with my VSX-01TXH.

Currently I am using one of the optical inputs for my HD DVR and the other one for my Denon CD player (broken) which I am replacing with the Sonos system. Therefore I will use that optical input the CD player is presently using on my VSX-01TXH. Will that be ok? Will there be any issues with my SW? Are there any other issues or tips I should be made aware of?
I've used a Sonos connected to Yamaha and Denon receivers over Toslink optical with no issues. It's a standard interface.

The only thing to be aware of is that you'll have two volume controls. Once you get the receiver on and at a reasonable volume setting, you can set that remote down and focus on the Sonos controller. Also the fact that you'll need to touch both remotes.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBoy1 /forum/post/19652966

I've used a Sonos connected to Yamaha and Denon receivers over Toslink optical with no issues. It's a standard interface.

The only thing to be aware of is that you'll have two volume controls. Once you get the receiver on and at a reasonable volume setting, you can set that remote down and focus on the Sonos controller. Also the fact that you'll need to touch both remotes.

I set my system up this week and noticed the volume issue you mentioned. I also have a Harmony One remote and set the Sonos up as an activity utilizing just the receiver as it is impossible for the H1 to send a signal to the Sonos remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.