AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get some feedback before I open the box. I purchased the vsx-03 yesterday for $499. My budget was $500 so I couldnt have come any closer. Its going to be used for a home theater in conjunction with a klipsch wf-35 system , lg blu ray, and lg 50" 50ps60 plasma. Did I make the best selection for the money? I heard that the vsx-03 had better amplification than this years model. Would I have been better off going with a newer denon?

·
Registered
463 Posts
It is called buyer's remorse cognitive dissoance or whatever.

Had it myself a few times on various products.

Reveiw all specs and posts about this product and make your own decision,

personally, I have come to the conclusion there are no perfect products unless you spend 3k per product and even then, folks find fault....

and next year's products will always have something a bit better, but if you wait for next year, the following year, that new model will be better and so on and so on.....and after ten years, so will still be waiting.....

we actually did that on hi def tvs, our 65 inch sony went bust about five years ago, so we nearly bought a sharp 65 inch lcd at $4900, nearly bought a sony....Problem was with the new fios cable, our old crt had better pricture quality.....

then finally the 63B550 came along with PQ that I could live with and with a bargain price (compared to other sets) that i could live with.......so the old 1991 mitis CRT, finally went to the sidelines......

Now there is the 63 b 590 that has cinema smooth and mine does not......maybe I should have waited another six months.....hahahah

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk9911 /forum/post/16959027

Hoping to get some feedback before I open the box. I purchased the vsx-03 yesterday for $499. My budget was $500 so I couldnt have come any closer. Its going to be used for a home theater in conjunction with a klipsch wf-35 system , lg blu ray, and lg 50" 50ps60 plasma. Did I make the best selection for the money? I heard that the vsx-03 had better amplification than this years model. Would I have been better off going with a newer denon?

You have a very good receiver for the money. Take solace in the fact that people spend many times more than you and get complete lemons. I have had receivers much more expensive than the one I do now (HK-254) but I am quite happy with my setup atm. Sure it doesn't have all the fancy features of the Onkyo 805 I had...but it does what I need it to and my SQ is fantastic. Just open that box, set it up and enjoy a very nice receiver. There is a thread dedicated to it that will surely answer any question you have along the way....so I would feel very confident in what you've bought.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I guess you guys are right. I heard plenty of good things about the receiver but I know its not the latest model and I just wanted to get the most I could for my money. I wound up spending a total of $3105 and got the pioneer vsx-03txh receiver, klipsch wf-35 towers, center and sub, lg 50ps60 plasma, and an lg blu ray player. It was a lot of money for me to spend but I think I got a lot of nice items for that amount of money. My last purchase will be two speakers for the rear. I heard I dont need to buy klipsch speakers because the rear is mostly filler. Is that true? Any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.