AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my new AVR yesterday from BB, I love this Pioneer 1015. I upgraded from an old VSX-D607S that I had for years. I only have one problem so far with my new pioneer. When I play a DD or DTS source, the only soundfield option are THX Cinema or DD. When I play 2ch sources there is lots of different combinations. Also when I play DTS source, DD lights and I cannot change to DTS at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjv123
i think you should start another thread.

Whats the reason?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I figured out the DTS not showing up thing, very supid.

But I still only have 2 choices either DD or THX, same with DTS, its DTS or THX. All the other soundfields do you need surround back speakers? I run a 5.1 setup.

Reading the manual it seems that I should be able to shoose more that will enhance 5.1.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Quote:
I just bought my new AVR yesterday from BB, I love this Pioneer 1015.
Thats strange, in the other thread you said you weren't too thrilled with it. :)

If you want DD PLIIx, that is only used for 6.1/7.1 as is DTS Neo 6, DTS ES, and DD Ex.

There's an advanced surround button on the remote, those will give you more options.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I do like this reciever, I guess I just expected more out of it. I've read lots of threads that talk about how much better their speakers sound, and how all of a sudden they have this incredible system.

Maybe I am not getting what I wanted out of it because I have been waiting for a Rotel 1056, but made the decision that its too long to wait to be able to afford it. Then it was the Denon 3805, So I guess what I am thinking is maybe having to "settle" with less is not what I really want.

Maybe other $500 AVR's will sound better?? With less features, like the Denon 1905

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
i had the same problem with the 5.1 setup...but as soon as i switched to 7.1 i get all those options back. it is definitely a setting...call pioneer. you SHOULD be able to get all those sound field options with 5.1 as well. i KNOW it works, but since i just got my1015tx, i'm still learning how to use it too. good luck! and dont' give up on it. i did MAJOR comparisons of the marantz 8500 denon 3805 and the 1015tx, and for the price, the 1015tx won hands down. of course i dunno what speakers you are running, so it's hard to say for sure. what kind do ya got?

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
hmm. so no rears? are the B&W 4ohm or 8ohm? i know you can change the 1015tx to 6ohm, but i didn't see anywhere to set it to 4ohm..so that might be the problem. also, i dunno how much of a power hog those B&W's are to drive. my speakers are 92db, so fairly easy to drive...and they are 10 years old...and they now sound brand new again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Power Handling (RMS): 100 Watts

Frequency Response: 60Hz - 22kHz

Sensitivity (dB): 88dB

Impedance (Ohms): 8 Ohms

I get rears, and I understand now, all the other THX Modes, and all the Other Dolby modes are if you have 7.1 setup and you are watching 5.1 encoded material. I only have 5.1 so my options are less. I wonder how much better 7.1 would sound?

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
well, i can tell ya from my personal experiece., since i just hooked up 7.1 lsat night from 5.1

IT IS INCREDIBLE!!!! no other word for it...absolutely awesome. you don't know what you are missing until you try it, but trust me, you will NEVER go back. i'd suggest pickin up a couple more speakers on ebay cheap, and you will be THRILLED to the bones!!! it is like hearing movies all over againfor the first time!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The problem is I have no where to put them. I have run speaker wire in the walls behind my couch already for the 5.1 surrounds. and the room is an L Shape, so the one side I would have no where to put a speaker on the side. Plus its another $450 for another set of B&W. Gotta matchem!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.