AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my Old Pioneer 509 and from reading around the and 1016TXK seems to fit the bill for me. I'll be running a DirecTv HR10-250 HD tuner,a non HDMI progessive scan DVD player(I'll be upgrading to an Oppo or the new Samsung 1080p) and a 100 CD Pioneer CD changer. I am sure I'll one day go to an HD-DVD player and I know this unit doesn't have Audio though HDMI so this is a slight concern but not a deal breaker. I was just wonder if there any other brands that are close to the 1016TXK you guys suggest that I also look at before I buy.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Others in that range are the Onkyo 604 & the Yamaha 5960. Pretty much equal just slightly different features.

If HDMI audio isn't a deal breaker it might come down to price......but....you like Pio's so that's a plus in their corner.

The 1016 is a good unit & when it's onsale it's also a bargain. The MCACC works very well & it has a nice set of features.

If you can find those 3 local just listen & pick the one you like, I doubt you'll regret any of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.