AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a Pioneer VSX-1016TXV. I've got it hooked to a set of Sony MB350H bookshelf speakers for the two fronts. Does anyone know if I should set them as small or large and what the crossover should be? I'm also not getting much sound out of my Sub and when I turn the knob on the back of it, it starts to hum....sorry for the stupid questions...I'm a newbie to HT

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would suggest setting them to small and the crossover, to start, at 80hz. You might want to check to see if the frequency response for your speakers will go down that far and, if not, increase the crossover.

When the speakers are set to small, all sound below the crossover and the LFE channel goes to the sub. The reality is that most of the sound you listen to is above this and not through the sub so you won't hear it much. Also, if the sub is caibrated correctly, the sound isn't directional anyway so it should really just blend in with the other speakers (except maybe for explosions in movies, etc). You should set your subs volume at its mid point and run the auto MCACC in the Pioneer to calibrate levels, etc. If it puts the speakers back to large, just change that manually.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.