AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm having an issue and looking for any help you can provide with my Pioneer VSX-1019AH A/V Receiver. When I am watching movies or TV shows on either my PS3 or my Dish Network 722k DVR I experience loss of the main voice. It seems like its loss of the center channel like when a character is talking but yet you hear the back ground sounds like people in the back ground or machinery or other ambient noise just the main conversation in the scene is missing. It comes and goes and seems like disconnecting power on the receiver will cure it for a few hours but it will come back. I had both the DVR and the PS3 plugged in via HDMI for audio and video for a long time and changed the DVR to component(RGB) and Toslink Optical but still experience the issue so know its not the HDMI cables. I don't have any issues when the receiver is set to Stereo but do when I have it in any of the advanced surround setting.

I have all my A/V equipment plugged into a APC battery backup and have the following connected to the receiver

Wii - composite

6 disk CD changer - Toslink

PS3 - HDMI

Dish Network 722k - component & Toslink

FM antenna

TV is connected to HDMI out.

Klipsch Quintet speakers

Klipsch Sub10 subwoofer

Dayton SA100 Amp with 2 Aura Pro bass shakers split off the Sub out channel (I added these recently but was having the problem before adding them)

Has any one else ever experienced this or do you have any ideas what I can try to eliminate this issue? I don't really want to go buy another receiver however I cant live without my surround sound, sub, and transducers ;).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just had the same problem with my Pioneer VSX-D409 receiver, and found this as a top result when doing an internet search.

Also, I did solve the issue I am having (loss of voice audio while maintaining the ancillary sounds), though my problem was constant, not exactly the same situation described above. In my case I had inadvertently changed my setup from a four speaker arrangement to five speakers. As I don't have a speaker connected to my center channel the voices on many shows & movies stopped showing up for us all of a sudden. To clarify, the wrong setting in my case was "FS-CS-SS", and the problem was resolved by changing it to "FS-C#-SS", returning the center channel audio to use my two front speakers instead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts