AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered here before, but I searched and may not have had the keywords right in order to find the thread.

Anyway, thanks for your help! My VSX-1019AH has worked well 'til about a week ago. Now, sometimes after 2 minutes, and sometimes after 2 hours, it shuts itself off and the Phase Control light blinks. Often, I can push the power button on again and it will stay on for another hour, or sometimes only another minute, then shuts down again.

There is no pattern to it. Figuring the fan may have died (I detect no fan sound), I placed a fan above it in hopes that this might resolve it. After one hour, it switched itself off again. I thought my powered sub may have had something to do with it, so disconnected it with no effect. I have 4 HDMI ins and one out to my HDMI LG TV.

I haven't moved it for over a year, so unlikely that it's a speaker cable short, and besides, if it was, wouldn't it shut itself down immediately and not intermittently?

I'd appreciate your thoughts, and thank you!

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
That is thermal shutdown. Any number of things could cause it such as a single strand of wire from one connector touching another connector. The heat sensor itself could be defective.. It might be that you listen at deafening volume levels. You will need to have the thing serviced. There is no way for us to guess accurately at the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I listen at normal levels, so it must be something else. If it is the heat sensor, how much to replace?

Must an authorized Pioneer tech assess and repair this, or can any 'stereo shop' do it?

Based on your experience if I drop, say $100 on this fix, is it reliable enough that something else won't happen? i.e., overall, is the VSX-1019AH of high enough quality that it won't be like an old car, back to the shop every 6 months? Thank you again for your time and thoughts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts