AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
JVC RS500U, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 11.2 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theutus /forum/post/19580976

$530- $100 promo code EMCZNYN63 = $430 with free shipping...

I've been looking to purchase one of these for the past few weeks, and this is by far the best deal i've found.

A link would be helpful.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Any idea how long the code is good for? I want to pull the trigger, but want the paycheck in the bank first

Also read a few posts here and elsewhere that NewEgg is not an authorized Pioneer dealer, that could cause heartburn if warranty work is needed. Any thoughts? I'm an Amazon Prime member, they should price match NewEgg if asked....

Mike

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcM1956 /forum/post/19584156

Also read a few posts here and elsewhere that NewEgg is not an authorized Pioneer dealer, that could cause heartburn if warranty work is needed.

Very true.

Quote:

I'm an Amazon Prime member, they should price match NewEgg if asked....

If they do, you're very lucky.

·
Registered
JVC RS500U, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 11.2 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,282 Posts

Quote:

Any idea how long the code is good for? I want to pull the trigger, but want the paycheck in the bank first

Also read a few posts here and elsewhere that NewEgg is not an authorized Pioneer dealer, that could cause heartburn if warranty work is needed. Any thoughts? I'm an Amazon Prime member, they should price match NewEgg if asked....

Mike

Link says good until 12/8.

And it looks as if you're correct about the warranty. Pioneer lists their online dealers and Newegg is NOT one of the them. The warranty is for 1 year and Newegg's guarantee is only 60 days. So, guess we're not covered without a receipt from an authorized dealer for the other 10 months. Perhaps a premium CC warranty may cover the purchase. However, at only $430, it's not a big risk really, especially for what you get.

I've lost more on my Onkyo TX-SR875 that it's replacing. I had a few issues when I got it, such as loud popping from DTS-HD MA. After paying shipping to NJ (their only service center really) for a firmware upgrade, I got it back and the HDMI out failed shortly after. It still runs very hot too. Now it's only good for sound and component switching. No more Onkyo's for me. I don't trust their products now. Once bitten, twice shy. YMMV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts