AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyvern 5 /forum/post/19634767

Just got a pioneer vsx-1120-k new and no sound have done everyting can think of and no sound just hooked uo with speakers and i pod no sound at all frustrated any help. thanks

Turn up the volume. It is set real low from the factory

·
Registered
9,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyvern 5 /forum/post/19634767

...no sound just hooked uo with speakers and i pod no sound at all frustrated any help. thanks

Hi jimmyvern, how is the iPod connected to receiver and is the input assigned correctly?

Try turning the iPod volume to the highest level then slowly increase the receiver volume.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Have you run auto-MCACC?

There have been a few -- VERY few -- DOA units since the release last summer.

Call Pioneer and have them walk you through the tests before you RMA -- the chances of receiving two DOA units in a row are slim to none.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Speakers work fine on another old reciever I hooked up put in tv picture ok no sound reset system no sound bad thing about it had shipped in 1 day because I had company comming in now messed with for 2 days cannot take back to store bought at J&R no pioneer suport until monday just cannot believe the bad luck, if bad mabey should send back and get something else any suggestions just have 2polk 70 fronts a polk center and 2 40 rears want wifi and ipod connections. thanks

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Appears you definitely have a defective unit as the tuner should have output sound.

This may or may not help but try blowing compressed air into the headphone jack. Or try plugging a set of heaphones into the jack a few times.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyvern 5
Speakers work fine on another old reciever I hooked up put in tv picture ok no sound reset system no sound bad thing about it had shipped in 1 day because I had company comming in now messed with for 2 days cannot take back to store bought at J&R no pioneer suport until monday just cannot believe the bad luck, if bad mabey should send back and get something else any suggestions just have 2polk 70 fronts a polk center and 2 40 rears want wifi and ipod connections. thanks
Why wouldn't you simply have J&R send you a replacement 1120? It's not as though it's a common problem... I've heard of only 3 or 4 DOA 1120's since July.

I love my Polk M70 fronts with the 1120. They're great together!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.