AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BACKGROUND:
I have a Pioneer vsx-1123 receiver that I have had for a little over 2 years. It's worked flawlessly up until a few weeks ago.
It was working fine one night I went to bed and the next day after I got home from work I had no sound.
I have my xbox one hooked up to the receiver through HDMI and then an HDMI cable run to my TV.

ISSUE:
So I have tried hooking up the HDMI cables to all different hookups on my tv as well as on the receiver itself to see if it was a connection but there was no difference. I have tried different HDMI cables I have tried all the different settings in both my xbox one as well as in the receiver.
I've tried my brothers xbox one and a different TV.
I can hook up my xbox one to my tv and everything works fine. I am able to turn my source to FM radio and I get sound just fine so I know the speakers and the receiver itself is still working but I can't figure out why I don't get any sound as soon as I try to listen to something through HDMI.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hardware
TV: 55" Samsung LED (3D, 1080p)
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1123
STB: Xbox One

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was dreading an answer like that...
I was just hoping there was something else I could try before I started throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm going to try that tonight. I actually saw that on a post I was looking at earlier. I didn't even know it was possible but hey it's worth a shot! Thanks for you help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SOLVED IT!

So doing an actual reset of the receiver cleared it up. So I'm not sure what the issue was exactly but it doesn't matter cause I have sound again!!!
So thanks afrogt for your help I greatly appreciate your input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts