AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this receiver from Future Shop (Canadian) and I believe it to be a variant of the VSX-1122-K

I am currently have a few issues with this unit that are likely due to my inexperience or poor choice in products. I have a Polk PSW125 (12inch) sub connected via the LFE connection. When playing music I cannot find away to enable the sub, even when I switch to expanded stereo it simply activates the surround speakers but not the sub. Further more when watching movies (blu-ray) it seems to go from extreme base to no base at all from the sub. I didn't notice it at first because the front towers provided a decent amount of base on their own. The MACAA settings are L,R,C large - surrounds Small and cross over is set to 80.

So to sum it up did I simply make a poor choice in receiver and or subwoofer or is there a setting that I can change to achieve better base performance when watching movies and activation of the sub when playing music? I have tried placing the sub in different locations but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The settings for the sub itself are 85 percent on the volume dial (back of sub) and phase is set to zero. Just to make one final point this sub replaces a 8 inch Sony (entirely different system from years ago) that was placed in the same location but seemed to produce much better results (both are front firing subs).

·
Registered
189 Posts
If I am correct you should set you Subwoofer to "Plus" in the MCACC settings to enable the subwoofer in sources without a LFE track

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prietz0r  /t/1419324/pioneer-vsx-1127-k#post_22201141

If I am correct you should set you Subwoofer to "Plus" in the MCACC settings to enable the subwoofer in sources without a LFE track

Thank you! I made the change to plus and everything movies, music, ect sounds fantastic!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cool
good to hear, so you're enjoying you're new Pioneer VSX-1127 ?

With what kind of speakers are you running ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
you have not hooked it up right. lfe is for the sound effects side if you want the sub to work for music hook up the other two leads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts