AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a Pioneer VSX-44 Elite Receiver.
The Bass and Treble settings only go in increments of -6, -4, -2, 0, +2, +4, +6.

While the Sony Bravia (KDL-52XBR6) TV which I've connected it to, has Bass and Treble settings ranging from Min, -11... [to] ...0... [to] ...+11, Max. (The Min and Max are settings, so they equal "-12/+12.")

Why is the Pioneer apparently less granular?

At the same time I purchased and connected it to a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 686 S2 speakers. Currently only have the Front L and R.

Is this the default or only bass and treble setting for the Pioneer...? It seems kind of limiting given the price.

Or does it detect the type of speakers and adapt to their limits?

They are book-shelf speakers, and I'm definitely going to return them to get larger speakers. But it seems like for the price, the Pioneer should have more granular settings. Or am I missing something?

I'm new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just purchased a Pioneer VSX-44 Elite Receiver.
The Bass and Treble settings only go in increments of -6, -4, -2, 0, +2, +4, +6.

While the Sony Bravia (KDL-52XBR6) TV which I've connected it to, has Bass and Treble settings ranging from Min, -11... [to] ...0... [to] ...+11, Max. (The Min and Max are settings, so they equal "-12/+12.")

Why is the Pioneer apparently less granular?

At the same time I purchased and connected it to a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 686 S2 speakers. Currently only have the Front L and R.

Is this the default or only bass and treble setting for the Pioneer...? It seems kind of limiting given the price.

Or does it detect the type of speakers and adapt to their limits?

They are book-shelf speakers, and I'm definitely going to return them to get larger speakers. But it seems like for the price, the Pioneer should have more granular settings. Or am I missing something?

I'm new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.
Thanks for the lack of replies. :-/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts