AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if the 47tx upconverts composite video sources to the wideband component outputs, along with OSD like the 49tx(i). I don't think it does based on what I have read, but can someone confirm this for me?

Other than this, seems as though the only real differences between the 47tx and 49tx are a couple of composite inputs, digital audio inputs, 2 custom & advanced MCACC, Burr Brown DACs and 96/24 A/D conversion on all channels instead of just front L and R. Big price difference though...

Can 47tx's be upgraded by Pioneer to include iLink?

·
Registered
761 Posts
No it doesn't and no it can't the upgrade program is over anyways. Also the 49TXi can oversample a digital signals to 96/24.

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Daniel, just ordered my 49txi!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Good choice.

You will love it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the 49txi and a Samsung DLP TV. The 49txi is connected to a 480p/720p/1080i input on the TV. I cannot get the OSD to display. Sometimes it will appear but garbled. I hate that I can't get this part to work. Instead, I run another composite cable from receiver to TV to do OSD.

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gamecock
I have the 49txi and a Samsung DLP TV. The 49txi is connected to a 480p/720p/1080i input on the TV. I cannot get the OSD to display. Sometimes it will appear but garbled. I hate that I can't get this part to work. Instead, I run another composite cable from receiver to TV to do OSD.
The Sound & Vision review of the 49TX states that the OSD will work with component

video only with TVs whose component inputs "automatically switch between wideband

and conventional signals". Maybe this is the issue with your set.

Here is the link to the article -

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...ber=2&preview=

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.