AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I've got it matched with the point5s and for the price it's a nice unit. The remote totally sucks if that matters to you but that's no reflection on the receiver. I've also got an onkyo matched with athenas and imo the onkyo has a slighly better sound but that's preference. You can get the 504 from shoponkyo.com for around $170 including shipping and 1 year waranty which is what the 516 has and it has more connection options, more user adjustments such as more crossover freq settings etc, and a much better remote.

Eather way you go you're getting a good receiver imo the 504 is a better bang for the buck.

Ok I just read you could get the 515 for free, missed that the first time. NOTHING beats free and in that case the 504 would not be a better value haha. Go for it. It's a good receiver.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, free is good
hehe.

but i love how in the onkyo you can adjust the cross over and "speaker" size of the different channels so that it sends signals that are easier for the smaller .5 to proccess.

what type of controls does the pioneer have and how did you set it up to make it sound ok.. $170 + shippping is not bad.. yes not free but if its THAT much better... maybe..

oh... and my lamp on my SP4805 blew after only 150 hours...so i guess i should use the money to buy a lamp.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyTT /forum/post/0

yes, free is good
hehe.

but i love how in the onkyo you can adjust the cross over and "speaker" size of the different channels so that it sends signals that are easier for the smaller .5 to proccess.

what type of controls does the pioneer have and how did you set it up to make it sound ok.. $170 + shippping is not bad.. yes not free but if its THAT much better... maybe..

oh... and my lamp on my SP4805 blew after only 150 hours...so i guess i should use the money to buy a lamp.

It's not $170 better, trust me on that, lol. I just prefer the sound more but that's preference and it does have more user settings, like wider range of tone controls, more crossover settings digital inputs etc.

As far as bass managment that your taliking about they both work the same way. What I meant by crossover settings being more on the onkyo is, with the onkyo you have the ability to set it at 60, 80, 100, 120, 140 and 160 and I think 200.

with the 515 I think it's 50, 80, 100, 150 and 200. not as many choice but you wouldn't use those anyway with the point5s, they are ussually crossed over at 100 or maybe 80. You still have the ability to set the speakers to small in both receivers, they work the same way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.