AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post but I'm a long time lurker. Hope someone out there can give me some much-needed advice! I can't get audio to come out of my speakers. :(

I recently purchased a refurbished Pioneer VSX-5231 which I've hooked up through HDMI and component (since this model requires component to access the menu options) to my 60" LG Plasma. I have two Infinity P363s shipping that will be here Monday, but I decided to just go ahead and set up the receiver today.

The only speaker currently connected is a Polk CS2 center I purchased new recently and have never tested (from NewEgg). It's connected correctly to the center output channel with speaker wire (18ga Insignia wire new from Best Buy). The only input to the receiver currently is a PS4 connected with HDMI.

When I set the receiver to the Game channel (PS4 HDMI input) the video comes through the TV but there's no sound. I've made sure that Speaker Channel A is on (toggled from speaker button on face of receiver). When I run MCACC no audio comes out of the speaker, and I get the following message:

Front :ERR
Center :NO
Surr :NO
Subwoofer :NO

Thus far no sounds have come out of the speaker. I've poked around with the menus and buttons and everything seems to be working even though it is refurbished. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts