AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for Pioneer VSX-80TXV regarding HDMI.

1) If I connect HDMI device such as PS3 then HDMI out to TV, Does the VSX-80TXV receiver handle audio through HDMI? or do I need to connect additional audio wire such as optical?

2) Does the receiver direct other sources such as component to HDMI output? will this allow to run just one HDMI cable from receiver to TV?

if VSX-80TXV is not capable of either above, anyone know whether VSX-81TXV is?

The reason I ask is I can't get to download the manuals for those deviced from Pioneer website, does anyone happen to have a link for manuals?

·
Registered
459 Posts
according to pioneers website descriptions, for both thhe 80 and 81, the 80 does NOT upconvert anything to HDMI, it will upconvert to component though. the 81 will upconvert everything to HDMI. And both should accept audio over HDMI no other wires needed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 80 will NOT process the audio, so yes, you will need an optical or coax from the PS3. It is pass through only. The 81 WILL process audio over HDMI and upconvert analog video to hdmi out. THe 80 will only upconvert analog composite and s-vid to component out.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzik /forum/post/0

I have a question for Pioneer VSX-80TXV regarding HDMI.

1) If I connect HDMI device such as PS3 then HDMI out to TV, Does the VSX-80TXV receiver handle audio through HDMI? or do I need to connect additional audio wire such as optical?

2) Does the receiver direct other sources such as component to HDMI output? will this allow to run just one HDMI cable from receiver to TV?

if VSX-80TXV is not capable of either above, anyone know whether VSX-81TXV is?

The reason I ask is I can't get to download the manuals for those deviced from Pioneer website, does anyone happen to have a link for manuals?

Here are links to the User Guides;

80TXV:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pi...structions.pdf

81TXV:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pi...structions.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.