AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help me - I have 2 issues about a Pioneer VSX-817 AV Receiver.

1. I am using Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Front Speakers and using the bi-amp functionality on the VSX-817 to drive them. By using this functionality I have connected the back surround speaker outputs as well as the fronts to drive the speakers. I assume this means that I can't use the Zone B functionality of the VSX-817??

2. The Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's are 6 Ohms and I have set up the VSX-817 accordingly. I want to connect 8 Ohm Zone B Outdoor speakers. Can I do this without affecting the system? As far as I can tell I can only set up the impedance on the VSX-817 for all channels - not for separate ones?

Any help would be appreciated - pretty new to this game!!!

Dave.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
- eliminate the bi-amp... it buys you nothing...

- set avr back to 8 ohms... if it shuts down (i.e. goes into protection) in 8 ohm mode, all you are doing by setting it to 6 ohm is limiting the current so that it doesn't shut down...

- it may have difficulty driving b/zone speakers while the main zone is in use... you are asking quite a bit of the power supply in that case...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.