AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.

I own a Pioneer VSX-819H as my only receiver and have been using it for years now. My current set up uses all three HDMI inputs for my cable box, PS4, and Chromecast, with the HDMI output going directly to the TV. I use two speakers that are connected to the "Speaker B" input (which is just a red and black connection for both cables in the back). I am having an issue getting sound output out of these speakers, using the receiver as an amplifier, for any of the three HDMI inputs but I am getting video output.

I have been using this set up for a couple of years now and have had no issues with sound up until yesterday. I have tried putting both the cable box and the PS4 HDMI cords directly into the TV to test if they were the issue, but they play sound and video fine through just the TV. I have also tried going into the settings for each of the HDMI sources and made sure that they are all on AMP instead of THRU. The setting on the front display of the receiver clearly says that the receiver knows it is using HDMI as an input.

I called customer service, but they were absolutely no help and told me that the board in the back for the HDMI inputs and output is probably broken, but I don't believe that as it happened overnight when I didn't change any setting. Any or all suggestions and help would but much, much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello there.

I own a Pioneer VSX-819H as my only receiver and have been using it for years now. My current set up uses all three HDMI inputs for my cable box, PS4, and Chromecast, with the HDMI output going directly to the TV. I use two speakers that are connected to the "Speaker B" input (which is just a red and black connection for both cables in the back). I am having an issue getting sound output out of these speakers, using the receiver as an amplifier, for any of the three HDMI inputs but I am getting video output.

I have been using this set up for a couple of years now and have had no issues with sound up until yesterday. I have tried putting both the cable box and the PS4 HDMI cords directly into the TV to test if they were the issue, but they play sound and video fine through just the TV. I have also tried going into the settings for each of the HDMI sources and made sure that they are all on AMP instead of THRU. The setting on the front display of the receiver clearly says that the receiver knows it is using HDMI as an input.

I called customer service, but they were absolutely no help and told me that the board in the back for the HDMI inputs and output is probably broken, but I don't believe that as it happened overnight when I didn't change any setting. Any or all suggestions and help would but much, much appreciated.

Thanks!
Update: I tried other inputs on the receiver, namely the iPod front hook up. The receiver recognized that an iPod was connected and began displaying what song was playing, but there was still no sound. I tried going through the settings that are in the manual but nothing seems to be working. Is it possible that I shorted something inside of the receiver itself?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.