AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having this problem and i cant figure out what to do...ill start with my playstation 3, i am using it as my dvd player and it shows on its menu that the movie is playing in dolby digital but i can not get it to play in 5.1 digital on the receiver. I am only using a hdmi cable from the playstation to the receiver and then a hdmi to my tv. If i bought a bluray dvd player would it work vs the ps3?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonivo /forum/post/17030016

i am having this problem and i cant figure out what to do...ill start with my playstation 3, i am using it as my dvd player and it shows on its menu that the movie is playing in dolby digital but i can not get it to play in 5.1 digital on the receiver. I am only using a hdmi cable from the playstation to the receiver and then a hdmi to my tv. If i bought a bluray dvd player would it work vs the ps3?

Any help would be appreciated.

Would not make a difference. The PS3 is a great BD player, amongst the best. Just make sure the settings are correct and you will get the proper sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.