AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok!! I just picked up the 820 and got everything hooked up. I am trying to use it as a preamp going into my BK Ref 125.2, but for some reason I cannot get the AVR to send signal out through the preamp outs on the back.

I have went into the osd and chaned the rear to and I have also turned the amp off on the unit, but I cannot seem to get the signal to my BK amp.

I have changed all the cables to the reciever and to the amp but there is no sound.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the back of the reciever there is a set of rca terminals that are labled (surround back/ front height) pre out. and in the manual it states that if I choose in the osd then it will require an external amp.

so for some reason they are not sending out any signal????

Imma try and send the signal in digitally

·
Registered
781 Posts
Has this been resolved yet? I picked up this receiver at BB on Black Friday. I only have a pair of small bookshelf speakers running off it for now until I add the rest of the surround setup. It sounds pretty good for now. I do not plan on adding the extra speakers so this is not an issue for me, but am curious. The Height channels, if I understand correctly, are for the Dolby PLIIx only. So, the sound would be a subtle effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum. I actually own this product as well.

When i go through the automated setup (MCACC) for the preamp ports, I have listed it as both height and surround. The only time I receive a output signal is on the surround back test. The surround test seems to fail altogether though.

These speakers are a powered Altec Lansing 4.1 speaker set. I'm using a bridge from digital to analog for the preamp inputs. I find it interesting that they only respond when they are set to surround rather than height. These only provide sound when performing an MCACC setup or manual setup, but not during playback of any sort. Can anyone shine some light on this?

The front speakers are KLH and they seem to be working great. I love the output that this pioneer has, I just hope I can get the surround portion going without purchasing more passive speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.