AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Denon DVR-1908 just died and I bought a Pioneer VSX 821-K to replace it.

Got everything wired up and have been pulling my hair out over HDMI problems ever since. Each source (PS3 and FiOS DVR) has worked at one time or another, but whenever I switch sources, it seems like something resets and neither source is visible again. Changing the surround mode (I am running it in stereo) to pure direct worked once, but doesn't seem to now.

I am at my wits end and Pioneer support keeps the same hours that I do, so I can never be home to talk to them. I don't know where to start looking. Is there anyone familiar with this receiver who may have solved a similar problem?

Both sources output video fine when hooked up directly to the monitor.

Thanks,

John

System is as follows:

Sources: PS3 and DVR via HDMI.

Receiver: Pioneer VSX 821-K

Monitor: HDCP Compliant 24" Computer monitor w/o speakers.

Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 (although these are almost certainly not related to this problem)

·
Banned
8,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacedaemon /forum/post/20891309

My Denon DVR-1908 just died and I bought a Pioneer VSX 821-K to replace it.

Got everything wired up and have been pulling my hair out over HDMI problems ever since. Each source (PS3 and FiOS DVR) has worked at one time or another, but whenever I switch sources, it seems like something resets and neither source is visible again. Changing the surround mode (I am running it in stereo) to pure direct worked once, but doesn't seem to now.

I am at my wits end and Pioneer support keeps the same hours that I do, so I can never be home to talk to them. I don't know where to start looking. Is there anyone familiar with this receiver who may have solved a similar problem?

Both sources output video fine when hooked up directly to the monitor.

Thanks,

John

System is as follows:

Sources: PS3 and DVR via HDMI.

Receiver: Pioneer VSX 821-K

Monitor: HDCP Compliant 24" Computer monitor w/o speakers.

Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 (although these are almost certainly not related to this problem)

Is the Signal Sel button on Auto?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.