AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched to my HTPC for my Comcast TV through HDHomeRun cable card tuner. I had my dad put the receiver back on dish network and nothing. Just a blank screen. No sound, no audio, nothing at all. says no signal.

I switched cables, ports on the receiver and nothing still. I plug it into my Samsung TV's HDMI port and all is fine.

I plug the HTPC into the same port as the dish tuner and the HTPC works fine.

I reset the the receiver to defaults and still nothing for the dish tuner.

I have no idea what's going on. I think maybe my dad changed some setting by accident and now it won't work at all with dish tuner, but every other device is fine.

Hopefully someone has an idea of what went wrong
-=Mark=-

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing?

I'm completely stumped. Let me go over more clearly what happens.

I plug the Dish tuner to my receiver and get no signal on the sat/cbl port. I switch to video port and still nothing. I then plug the tuner directly to my TV and it works without issue.

I use my HTPC computer to test the sat/cbl and video ports and it works fine.

I find it bizarre that the dish tuner doesn't work at all. Not even a wrong signal or something, except no signal at all. I tried 3 different hdmi cables in all (all tests use HDMI cables)

Only thing I can think of is the dish tuner sends an odd signal the reciver won't recognize, or the receiver has some setting that prevents the signal to come into the receiver.

I hope someone has some advice. I am confused why this won't work anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts