AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. This is my first post. I have read a bunch of threads on this forum discussing the VSX-9040TXH. I do have a couple of questions, though. I have Klipsch speakers, which are currently hooked up to a crappy old Yamaha 5930 which is now "on its way out." I often wondered if certain brands of receivers worked better with certain speakers? I often felt as if my Klipsch speakers were not used to their full potential with my old Yamaha.

Would the 9040 be a good choice for me and my speakers? My floor speakers are RF35 models. I still feel they are great speakers, even though they are six years old and are surpassed by other models. Or do you think it would be overkill and that I should just purchase the 1019 model for slightly less money?

My other question is concerning using my audiophile headphones with this receiver. I have AD700 headphones and would like to know if they are going to work alright with this receiver. Generally speaking, it is an easily driven headphone and I would like to not have to buy an external amp for it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Pioneer has new receivers coming out, 2010 models. The VSX-1020 at its MSRP of $550 looks to be a great buy. It should be better as compared to the previous year's 1019, which got good reviews. Or you could also consider last year's Elites, the VSX-21 (of which the 9040 is a clone).

All the best choosing your receiver.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll have to check them out and compare them. I suppose someone will compare them on this site, if they haven't already!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts