AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My receiver will not power on. The "Advanced MCACC" light is flashing red. I can press "Tune -" and "Multizone On/Off" to reset the system, but it powers on and shows "Amp Err" and turns off. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is just outside the 1 yr warranty. Ugh!

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

first, check to make sure all of your speaker connections are good and you don't have a stray touching somewhere shorting the system out...

"amp err" is indicative of either a bad "amp block" (broken) or a high dc output (a short, possibly/probably caused by a bad connection)...

if you are sure you have no shorts, and it does it repeatedly after a hard reset, it's almost certainly the amp block (and if not, an internal short)...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj /forum/post/19527225

^^^

first, check to make sure all of your speaker connections are good and you don't have a stray touching somewhere shorting the system out...

"amp err" is indicative of either a bad "amp block" (broken) or a high dc output (a short, possibly/probably caused by a bad connection)...

if you are sure you have no shorts, and it does it repeatedly after a hard reset, it's almost certainly the amp block (and if not, an internal short)...

Thanks, I really appreciate your reply! The receiver has the same problems with nothing connected to it. If it is the amp block, is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it worth trying to get it repaired or is my 1 yr old receiver just a big paperweight?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

not unless you can lay your hands on a service manual for it (which i don't have for that model, unfortunately)...

it's likely to cost more than it's worth to fix, unfortunately...

first thing i'd do is call pioneer and throw yourself upon the mercy of the court... CALMLY!!! if you discuss this with them in a calm manner, it's possible that they might be willing to help you out... "possible", not "for sure"...

it sucks, i know...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.