AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This AVR is probably too old to get a response, but I'll try anyway. This is one of my old "replaced" AVRs that I have in my office for light use. All I use it for is as a tuner and I have a cd attached to it as well. I rearranged a few things yesterday and it played all day just fine. Today when I turned it on, there was nothing; none of the usual lights came on, with the exception of the little red light on the on/off button. I unplugged it several times to see if a reset was needed, but that didn't do a thing. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I looked through the trouble shooting of the manual and didn't get any additional thought on the issue. Thanks.

Don J

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
Interesting. I picked one up from a second hand store the other day. Got it home and plugged it all in. Mostly noise. Got to fiddling around with it and hit the 'Direct' button next to the volume button. Cleared up and sounds great now! Apparently the DSP is faulty. Not too shabby for $64. I'm using it for two channel (125wpc) only but I could use it as a stand-alone 5 channel amp in a pinch. These deals are out there - ya just gotta go find them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an original, bought new back, in 1993 VSX-9900. It's been around the world and then some. The voltage selector just fell out of the back and it has had an issue staying powered on. I could wiggle the selector switch and it would stay, but think this is now no longer an option. Does anyone know how to direct wire/jumper the 110-127 feed on the back of the voltage selector?

Many thanks, I love the amp, it has, and still is a great piece of equipment.

Spyke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.