AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Pioneer just released a slim new class D receiver - VSX-S510 . I haven't seen too much on this. It looks like it's only available in Europe and Asia, not America. I've been a happy Panasonic SA-XR50 owner for many years now and love slim class D amps. I've recently been looking to upgrade to HDMI, and this one has it (plus AirPlay and a bunch of other new features). Anyone have any opinion on this receiver?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I guess slimline is the new thing as everyone's getting into it. Odd that this unit doesn't have an actual subwoofer preout, just the speaker terminal for high level inputs.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnatalli  /t/1518205/pioneer-vsx-s510-slim-class-d-receiver#post_24366692

Odd that this unit doesn't have an actual subwoofer preout, just the speaker terminal for high level inputs.

I see a subwoofer preout. Bottom middle a little on the left side with a white background.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ah, didn't see it for some reason. Funny, as there are 2!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Silver ones from Japan on Ebay.....

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim97219  /t/1518205/pioneer-vsx-s510-slim-class-d-receiver#post_24366936

If what you're looking for is a shorter receiver, Yamaha has this to offer.

Thanks for sending that. Looks very nice too. Slim and has all the features I want. Not Class D but that's not my first requirement.

How do these receivers handle 24/192 audio? Typically would I stream them through the 'network' from my Mac? Just now getting into HDTracks. Man it's been a while since I changed my setup!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too have long looked for a replacement of my class D Pany XR55. Did anyone get a hold of one of these? If I order from Japan on ebay, I presume the power would work here in the states and english would be a menu option?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bump. Anyone purchased a receiver from Japanese-market for use in US? I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I want to make sure I can plug it and power it without any adaptors.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry for reviving this old thread but I was wondering if any of you had ended-up buying or trying this unit.
If yes, would you be willing to share your experience? :)

TIA ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've a new 4K TV ( Panasonic 55CX700 ) and have a question about the Pioneer VSX-S510.

An Intel NUC 5i3ryh connected with the receiver to my TV. But I can't select 4K resolution, the highest is 2560x1440. When I connect the NUC direct to the TV I can choose the 4K resolution.

The manual says that the Pioneer does 4K 30p pass through.

So what's the problem and can anyone help me?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts