AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with either of these? I've got a separate use for each of them, and I can get the D711 for $285 and the D411 for $170, at retail no less. I'm having failures in both of my rigs, so I'm thinking of purchasing soon if possible on either or both of them (if I can get it past the wife, of course; the D411 is for the rig she uses, so getting the D711 approved for my personal use may be pushing the bounds of believability right now :p )

Thanks,

Kensai

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I'm curious as to the features and power rating of these two units, as I need a new receiver myself. I'm currently considering the Denon 1802 which is rated at 80 wpc, and has DPL2 and 5 channel stereo, the two features I need. It can be purchased for around $360.00

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're both rated at 100 wpc and have DPL2. The D411 is the bare minimum model as far as source switching. Only has composite video and a single coax and a single optical audio in. The D711 2 component video ins, a whole bank of S and composit video ins, multiple optical and coax ins in addition to an optical out. I've got a room that just needs a good amp for the moment which might expand into a relatively inexpensive surround environment. Not likely to be any video switching there, so that's where the D411 would go. I've got another room that's not likely to get beyond teh 2 channel rig that's in there now (huge speaks/small room), but but needs a real amp and powered SVideo switching, and since a good SVideo switcher runs $80, it wouldn't make sense not to just get a decent receiver. The D711 would make a good swap for the other room once I eventually upgrade to an HDTV and need a component switch (this isn't likely until my current SDTV eats itself, so you just never know). These two units are the cheapest I could find on the shelf that had all the features I needed (even though they're both overkill in one way or another, but that's cool by me).

Kensai

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.