AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking at different a/v receivers and have got it down to either the pioneer 1018 or the denon 2309ci.. i see the 1018 has more power and is 150.00 cheaper then the 2309ci... is the denon worht 150.00 more then the 1018 if so can you explain why?

i also see that the 1018 has the MCACC system and the denon has Audyssey system and have seen some complaints on thats system.. i was thinking about the yahama 663 but the 2 hdmi's killed that for me...

·
Registered
140 Posts
The MCACC and Audyssey are both good systems, better than Yamaha's YPAO. Most would probably give the edge to the Audyssey system even if only for the ability to calibrate from multiple locations, whereas the 1018's MCACC system only calibrates from one.

Power is roughly the same in real world applications between them. The lack of HDMI inputs on the 663 is mostly a non-issue as you can solve that with a $40 switcher from Monoprice. The Denon lacks a biggie though, no pre-outs. That eliminated it from my list.

Hope that helps, and you may want to read the 'Best sub $400 receiver' thread - LOTS of info on these receivers there.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslbebiz /forum/post/15444146

Most would probably give the edge to the Audyssey system even if only for the ability to calibrate from multiple locations, whereas the 1018's MCACC system only calibrates from one.

From my research here, I've seen more issues with Audyssey with doing an average job of the calibration where as the Pio's MCACC seems to be more accurate

My Pio is arriving next week so I guess I'll find out then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.