AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the VSX94THX along with the SONY PEARL (VW-50) Projector.

I am also running hd-dvd and blu-ray at 1080P.

1). Unless I unplug the HDMI cable from the PEARL, the VSX94THX

indicates "NOT SUPPORTED". Once I do this the VSX94THX is set for

the session. Why should I have to do this >?

2). Under the Video menu, the ASP (Aspect ratio) option is gone

during the 1080P HDMI setup ! I am locked into 16x9 for VHS and

Laserdisc sessions instead of 4x3...

Anyone else run into this ?

·
Registered
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phen /forum/post/14107533

How did you do the master reset?

Thx

In addition to that, does anyone know how to tell the firmware version you have for the VSX-94TXH? I assume it's more than what I see via HTTP to the unit as '3.5.16.6650'...?

J

·
Registered
8,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty100 /forum/post/12863851

I am using the VSX94THX along with the SONY PEARL (VW-50) Projector.

I am also running hd-dvd and blu-ray at 1080P.

1). Unless I unplug the HDMI cable from the PEARL, the VSX94THX

indicates "NOT SUPPORTED". Once I do this the VSX94THX is set for

the session. Why should I have to do this >?

2). Under the Video menu, the ASP (Aspect ratio) option is gone

during the 1080P HDMI setup ! I am locked into 16x9 for VHS and

Laserdisc sessions instead of 4x3...

Anyone else run into this ?

arty100: I had the same setup, sold my VSX94THX, and that was a big mistake! I tried several other receivers and the Pioneer Elite line has been the most stable out of all the AVRs I have tried in the last 5 years. I ended up buying a 92 because I am just using mine as a pre/pro so the few extra features didn't weigh in for me the second time around.

Now addressing your question: I had the exact same issue, and it is the sequence on how you turn on your equipment. I have the Pearl, you turn that on first and then the Pioneer and then your Blu-Ray player, if you do it this way 99% of the time you will not get the "Not Supported" flashing. Also if you turn your AVR off and then on again, it fixes it. But there are far worse HDMI issues with other receivers. My HK254 looses the signal and some times I can't get it to come back for awhile. So I have to power everything down and turn it on again, royal pain in the a s s, hence this is why I bought another Pioneer Elite Receiver which should be here by Monday!

Also call in and report the problems to Pioneer... If enough people do this they try to fix the issues with future firmwares. They did this with some issues with my Pioneer 5080, the only problem is you need to take

the receiver in to have the firmwares updated. I had to do this with my 84, but was easy only took about an hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts