AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for reactions from those of you who own or have checked out the new x30 models. Any info is appreciated! Sure wish Pioneer would post some info on these new models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw a 530 fresh out of the box Saturday and blurted out "Holy ****" before I even realized it. Without any adjustement it, was by far the best looking HDTV I've seen to date, but I do not proclaim to be the most experienced observer. I have not been able to find the Mits 65711 which I really wanted to compare. They had it hooked up to HD cable on the Discovery channel and it was absolutely breathtaking. DVD's were awesome, too. As for regular cable, maybe looked a little better than what I'm used to. I'm taking the wife back Thurs. for a second look with intentions of buying the 730 if they come in like they are supposed to.

As for Pioneer's lack of info., my dealer said that until Jan. 1, the 720 is the "official" current model and Pio will not recognize the new models until then. He has been a Pio Elite dealer exclusively for 12 years and seems to know what he's talking about as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That was the same thing I thought when I saw the 730 in the store and got my 530 home. The picture is just stunning.

Irtrees

I have posted my review on this thread

·
Registered
9 Posts
Irtrees,

I was looking at the X30's brochure on line and damn if I can't find out where the heck I found it.Was it a link? Can't find it at the pio web site.But this I do know is this TV is totally upgradeable for the future.You can download software for it,SWAP circuit boards like you would for a PC!!! If I can find that link I will post it.I'm hoping to buy the 530 before the holidays.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.