AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to jump into the home theater ring but I'm already stuck. Having trouble deciding on a receiver. It's going to be an entry level system but I still want the best sound for my money. I've got it down to 3: the Pioneeer VSX-820-k, the Yamaha RX-V467, or the Onkyo TX-SR508. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Let's give this new guy a bump shall we?

Welcome by the way!

Personally I have the SR508 and couldn't be happier. 0 issues so far and I've used it extensively. Watching blu ray movies, playing xbox 360 and watching tv through it. Great receiver in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the yamaha range I would strongly suggest stepping up to the RX-V667 as this unit is the lowest spec model with descrete amplification and the sound quality is a huge improvement over the lower models.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEisenhour /forum/post/19545521

Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to jump into the home theater ring but I'm already stuck. Having trouble deciding on a receiver. It's going to be an entry level system but I still want the best sound for my money. I've got it down to 3: the Pioneeer VSX-820-k, the Yamaha RX-V467, or the Onkyo TX-SR508. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I suppose you want 3D? Of these three it would be the Onkyo. If 3D is not needed you may want to look into the yamaha 1065 on sale at 6ave.com

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Your post sort of made it sound like Onkyo was the only model with 3D? I believe the 467 should support 3D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts