AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a HT-S9100THX, which I bought approximately 3 years ago. It has been working excellent for my set up and living room space. However, my son (3 years old now) decided to poke some hole to the center channel. I ended up replacing that speak (SKC-960) with a Klipsch Synergy C-1 because I got it on sale on www.amazon.com for $50 bucks, and it had excellent reviews, and it sounded excellent.

Then my son decided to poke hole and spill some soda to the right front speaker. Due to some financial restrictions (wife lol), I was not allowed to spent too much money to replace the front speakers. I ended up doing a lot of research, asking questions and even going to several audio shops to try to replace the drivers, tweeters etc. to see if that was cheaper. It was not!

Then I found that www.newegg.com was having a sale on some Polk Audio and Pioneer speakers. The wife gave the "OKAY" with the "LOOK" for me to buy the Polk Audio Monitor 50 two of them for $182.30 shipped. However, I was giving the "LOOK." So, I knew better and look some more.

I found the Pioneer SP-BS21-LR on sale for $53.61 shipped. The wife was happy with the price, and the speakers didn't look bad online. Since, I had the WAF, I went ahead and order the speakers even though I was skeptical, but they had excellent reviews on www.newegg.com .

Two days later, I got the speakers, and I was very surprised. The quality is excellent, the casing looks excellent, the speakers are pretty heavy (I don't why this matters, but some people believe weight is a sign lol). I hooked them up to my AVR, I re-calibrated the speakers. I tried out playing music and several movies, and man they sound EXCELLENT. These are the best $53.61 front speakers I've ever bought in my life.

The reason why I am writing this is for those of "US" who cannot spend a lot of money, and they also need to make the wife "ACCEPT" the buy and making the WIFE HAPPY. I'm posting some pictures as well. I apologize for the mess.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
That is great; getting something you like for that price is unusual.

One thing is for sure; if mama ain't happy...ain't no one happy...lol....

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1421175/pioneers-sp-bs21-lr-bookshelf-speakers-my-first-experience#post_22237144

That is great; getting something you like for that price is unusual.

One thing is for sure; if mama ain't happy...ain't no one happy...lol....

Well, to be honest, I wasn't very happy at first, but after seeing the speakers and hearing them my view of them changed completely. Like I've said before these speaker are well worth the $100 dollars regular price. I am just happy that I bought them during the sale. If they go on sale again, I'll probably going to replace my back and back surround speakers as well. Even my wife was surprise, and if she is happy we are all happy lol.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepkor  /t/1421175/pioneers-sp-bs21-lr-bookshelf-speakers-my-first-experience#post_22239439

Just curious - looking at your pics - how did you mount those speakers on the stand? Just double sided tape?

Nope I just sat them on. I only put a rubber round piece on each corner which prevents the spaeker from moving unless someone knicks it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts