AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Pionner, are you watching this forum at all?

1478 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  markrubin
It's QUITE apparent even your lowly 5080 is regarded above every other plasma set... even when you sell us your "entry level" stuff, it's still light years ahead of the competition.

Don't forget that when the 9G's launch, there are many of us whom are capable of spending high dollar on the next, new, impoved, revolutionary and untouchable pro/elite kuro... but when the price points are even remotely near the other manufacturers for the "regular" models we will BUY ALL OF THEM, you will see after this 5080 shockwave @ BB the "best" is for 1% of the market and the rest of us that are somewhat reasonable will settle for better than the rest, but not quite top-of-the-line.

Here's to looking for the next milestone of value hopefully debuting this fall
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Periods are your friends. I don't understand your point?
Oh good, I was afraid I was the only one that didn't quite understand this post..
See less See more
I think he is just excited about the Kuros. That is what I got from it.
woah, i suck at whiskey-posting.

cliff notes: They need to keep pumping out these "bottom of the barrell" sets for sub $2k every generation because it'll force everyone else to either catch up or drop their prices to $1k
As the value of the U.S. $ declines... watch the price for those "cheap" foreign made goods rise.
See less See more
Uh, the only publications that rate the 5080 light years ahead of the competition do so with paid advertising from companies like home theater magazine. The 5080 is not that good. The price drop makes the Pioneer fanboys happy, but not the forum sponsors as their margins are taking quite a dip.
BB is not doing Pio any favors by setting the 5080 so dark. I looked at it yesterday and it is so dark that outiside scenes like skiing are ruined by whites that look dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber /forum/post/12892963

Uh, the only publications that rate the 5080 light years ahead of the competition do so with paid advertising from companies like home theater magazine. The 5080 is not that good.

So the folks at Home Theater Magazine, Sound & Vision, CNET etc. were willing to piss off much larger flat panel manufacturers (and advertisers) like Sony and Samsung, by deliberately exaggerating the qualities of Pioneer products in their reviews?

For this conspiracy theory to work, the publishers would not only have to be disingenuous, but also complete idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber /forum/post/12892963

Uh, the only publications that rate the 5080 light years ahead of the competition do so with paid advertising from companies like home theater magazine. The 5080 is not that good. The price drop makes the Pioneer fanboys happy, but not the forum sponsors as their margins are taking quite a dip.

I don't care what the reviewers say or said, i've owned a ton of different hdtv's in the past 18 months... routinely trying, adjusting, tinkering and almost always returning for one flaw, lack of PQ or some reason or another... the 5080 does not disappoint.

If the pricing follows suit on the 9G's which should be at least a bit better, I wonder how many kuro haters will have saved some $$$ up by then and praising them afterall :p
Boostfrenzy,

Your comment below your handle is neither clever, or funny and reaks of ignorance, which is only reinforced by your loose grasp of grammar and sentence structure. Consider taking the high road.
Thank you
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.