AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to watch two recorded programs with one in the main window and the other in the PIP window? I only have one cable connected at the moment.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I don't think so. I know you can get a prerecord and g to live. Try to start a show in the first window, and then PIP and try it again.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Would not work here with my UTV. Got first recorded show playing and opened PIP window. A live channel appeared. When I switched to that PIP window and tried MyShows again, it comes back with the message that MyShows is already in full screen.

Ed

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I tried the same thing as Ed Dixon did and I get the same result. Perhaps in a future software update it might be allowed.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
There's no way one wire can do what you want. The UltimateTV needs to be able to tune to two different channels, and one cable cannot carry all the channels.

DirecTV system is designed to send half the channels from the dish to the receiver at any one time. A multiswitch lets you have more than one receiver, but you still need two cables to the UTV.

If you really want to spend some money, you could get a stacker and two dStackers from Holland Electronics to put ALL the channels on one cable and then break it back into two cables at the other end. This saves you from running a wire in the wall and breathing insulation in your attic. But is it worth $300?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
This is not a one wire question, but a UTV question. UTV normally already has two separate cable runs to the unit to allow watching/recording two shows at same time.

The issue is that it appears UTV is not designed to watch playback of two previously recorded shows at once.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.