AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how to do this. I have the DST3000 & DIRECT TIVO plugged in the 56H80. No problem watching one or the other, but how do I watch both at the same time AND have the ability to switch channels on either source?

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I am watching my Toshiba TW40X81 set with my DST3000 in 1080i mode (through the HD-Colorstream inputs) I lose any ability to resize or scroll the image. I also lose the ability to activate the split screen feature to watch two inputs simultaneously.

In order to regain the use of these features, I have to switch back to 480i format (in this case through an S-Video input).

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If each of the units are directly plugged into Video 1 and Video 2 (or even the front jacks, Video 3), you should have no problem doing this, unless the DST3000 and Direct TIVO both respond to the same Remote Control commands.

The button at the bottom right of the remote control (labeled "SOURCE"), should let you scroll through the different inputs for the POP source.

[This message has been edited by Bill Broderick (edited 08-24-2001).]

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply. Would you explain how you have the two receivers hooked up? When watching 480i, are you able to switch channels on either source? The TV seems to want to recognize only cable as the second source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.