AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi /forum/post/16923974

Ugh... even if Geoffrey Rush returns for this one they just really seems to be pushing it.

I agree.. from what I understand though only Johnny Depp is committed. Seems like it might be a telling of a Jack Sparrow adventure more than anything else.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/16923850

For those that care about Disney ruining an epicly wonderful trilogy with a milk-cow-squeezing 4th film.. it seems they've settled on a director. Rob Marshall - of 'Chicago' and 'Memoirs of a Geisha' fame - is expected to be named the new guy.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41897

Yeah, it sounds like milking exercise.

Rob Marshall?

Say it isn't so!

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/16924001

I agree.. from what I understand though only Johnny Depp is committed. Seems like it might be a telling of a Jack Sparrow adventure more than anything else.

And it could be interesting. I'd always be the first to see what Johnny Depp can do with this character!

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know some people have a less-than-stellar opinion of the 3rd film, but I rather enjoyed it. Some of the story was a bit of a stretch to enjoy sure, but it kept in line with the epic, over-the-top, adventurous tone of the series. The cast interaction and nuances were in top form, the cinematography was immaculate, and the movie was a lot of fun without being intellectually dull.

I think they just got by with their trilogy and it was accepted.. dragging out a 4th movie is just silly. If they must, make a The Adventures of Jack Sparrow film or w/e, but dont call it Pirates 4. Leave that trilogy adventure alone.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/16925561

I know some people have a less-than-stellar opinion of the 3rd film, but I rather enjoyed it. Some of the story was a bit of a stretch to enjoy sure, but it kept in line with the epic, over-the-top, adventurous tone of the series. The cast interaction and nuances were in top form, the cinematography was immaculate, and the movie was a lot of fun without being intellectually dull.

I think they just gut by with their trilogy and it was accepted.. dragging out a 4th movie is just silly. If they must, make an The Adventures of Jack Sparrow film or w/e, but dont call it Pirates 4. Leave that trilogy adventure alone.

I pretty much agree with that. P3 does have phenomenal cinematography, particularly towards the end.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I love the Pirates movies. I don't care if their milking it at all, they're still loads of fun and who doesn't love Jack Sparrow? No one doesn't love him, that's who!

·
Registered
28,700 Posts
Pirates 4? Will Jesse Jane be returning for this one?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound dropouts /forum/post/16926278

I dont like him, but I am in a very distinct minority

Yes, yes you are. You are the in the distinct minority of no one.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
"Black Pearl" was such a pleasant surprise. I was certain that a movie based on a theme-park ride would have to be lousy, but it was such fun. The follow-ups had their moments. I think they would do well to consider a different style for a fourth "Pirates..." movie--surprise us.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Could be good, but I really stopped liking them after the first movie. I wasn't too impressed with the 2nd and 3rd. I certainly don't plan on rushing to the theater to see the 4th movie, but who knows....

1 - 20 of 129 Posts