AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all;

I just saw POTC: At World's End last night and I must say the movie was visually impressive with sometimes awesome special effects. With POTC 1+2 out now on BD and looking incredible, I was wondering from those who saw POTC what they think the best scenes are for the inevitable BD release.

My nominee: The scene right before they find Jack in Davy Jones' Locker; Jack alone in the bright white desert reaching out endlessly.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you mean 'best scene to make you go blind' then yea i agree :p

But yea that would be a pretty impressive scene, especially to try out the new WTW settings of the PS3's latest firmware update LOL.

The whole whirlpool fight will ofcourse look amazing. And the scene where the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman attack the British super ship (man would that never be possible in real life) scene should be a delight with the explosions.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Beckett going down like a real man on the Endeavour will look great. So will Jack in Dave Jones' locker. Calypso and the ending ship duel will be a great audio/visual sequence for the eventual Blu-ray.

·
Registered
460 Posts
props for becket, i've got respect for him. he could of been a sissy and ran but he took the defeat like a man. The whole scene where they fall from that gigantic waterfall will be referance material. the big battle at the end will look great on blu-ray. disney knows how to get it done when it comes to fx.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Just watched the show...it was slow at times in the middle, but the end was INCREDIBLE....i was the only one who stayed until the credits finished and that hidden end scene came on....

I'd say the last battle scene where the endeavor gets sandwiched will look great....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha24 /forum/post/0

I dont think Beckett went does "as a man". Maybe as a crazy man. I really wanted to see that British ship fire all its cannons at once.

I agree...the guy went bonkers, couldn't even give orders - he did not go down bravely at all.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
That entire final battle sequence from the moment they start fighting in the whirlpool to the moment Beckett's ship is blown to pieces.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-parker /forum/post/0

I just got back from watching this and all I can say is WTF, this movie made no sense what so ever i felt i was watching a documentary or something.

Too much double crossing (and sometimes talking), but the audience in general seemed to enjoy it anyways, especially after that last great battle, since there was general clapping at the end....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw97000 /forum/post/0

Jack alone in the bright white desert reaching out endlessly.

It's on the trailer on both of the discs, and it looks good.

BTW, the movie was too long. They could have easily cut out 30+ minutes. The beginning was a Return of the Jedi ripoff, the middle was just slow, but the end was pretty good.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPC /forum/post/0

It's on the trailer on both of the discs, and it looks good.

BTW, the movie was too long. They could have easily cut out 30+ minutes. The beginning was a Return of the Jedi ripoff, the middle was just slow, but the end was pretty good.

When I pay $9 for a movie (and $4.50 for a DRINK!), they had better give me something that's more than 2 hours long!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj2006 /forum/post/0

Too much double crossing (and sometimes talking), but the audience in general seemed to enjoy it anyways, especially after that last great battle, since there was general clapping at the end....

I didn't mind the double crossing. It was the triple and quadruple crossing that irritated me

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
If you watch 1 and 2 just before seeing it, it all make sense ... I tought those 3 made way more sense than Matrix trilogy..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoohki /forum/post/0

If you watch 1 and 2 just before seeing it, it all make sense ... I tought those 3 made way more sense than Matrix trilogy..

i actually agree...i watched #2 last night and #3 now made more sense...the problem was i somewhat forgot the storyline of #2 before watching #3....

·
Registered
457 Posts
This movie was tooooo long, listenening to keira make a freedom speech to a bunch of pirates made me laugh every movie has this now there has to be a speech about freedom before everyone dies. Oh and the whole marriage proposal scene was just plain stupid, but it will look amazing on bd and will def. be a reference disc that i will probably buy to complete the set.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I thought that the wedding scene was very well done. It could have easily been extremely cheesey but was well directed and acted. I love the little touch of ballroom dancing in the middle of the sword fight. I think DMC lowered my expectations for AWE because I thought that the first half of DMC was complete trash. I ended up enjoying AWE quite a bit but, neither one are as good as the first movie IMO. AWE will be a great BD, can't wait to get it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.