AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read this forum over and over and have perused the FAQ under construction but still have a question about the Centerstage CS-2. I have a Fujitsu 50" plasma with DVI/HDCP and a Zenith SAT520-HD satellite reciever also DVI/HDCP. The Screen is about 6 feet from my viewing location which is perfect for HD and DVD (RGB output from my computers DVD "Zoom" Player) content but painfully close for compressed SD content from direct TV. I have tried running a 480i signal through my computer and resizing the desktop to 480p but was unhappy with the loss of color. My goal is to play standard definition material in a smaller window on my display using only 640 x 480 pixels. Can I achieve this with a scaler? particularly the HDCP compliant CS-2? Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
207 Posts
OK, I'll bite.

I'm guessing that the CS-2 will not accomplish what (I think) you are trying to do. Yes, the CS-2 does have to ability to make minor (stressing MINOR) adjustments to the vertical the horizontal widths of the picture, but I doubt it will be enough for your needs.

However, the CS-2 could be used to scale that signal to the native res of your panel (which I'm guessing is 1365x768). Would this look good? dunno. I would guess that old adage "S#!T in, S#!T out" would probably apply here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The CS-2 offers aspect ratio adjustments and a enough vertical and horizontal adjustment to optimize your display. In your situation you would be best served by sending the native resolution of your Fujitsu, 1366x768. The 4x3 image would fill the screen from top to bottom, not side to side, and have a resolution of approximately 1024x768. While your colors, depth of field and overall image will improve, some of the digital artifacting from compression will still be apparent. The end result will be much better than your current setup. I hope this helps.

Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.