AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a DVI cable (S4116.5305) from RAM Electronic (fast service, great price) today. I plugged it between my HTPC with ATI Radeon 7500 AIO and my LS-110(PC1-digital). During the booting phase of my PC (XP home) I am getting a ton of pixel errors (bright green flashes in pixel size). Windows desktop shows less but still I guess some 100 pixel errors or so. They seem to appear always on the same spot/object. Interesting thing though is that whenever I move an object (e.g. a window) that contains such a pixel error, this pixel error moves synchronously with the object.

When I use a regular VGA cable (same PC, same video card, just the ATI standard DVI-VGA adapter connected to Data PC2 analog) I get a flawless picture.

Infocus Tech support has not heard of an issue like that before. Maybe one of you guys can point me in the right direction.

My guess is that it is rather a software than a hardware issue because of those pixels not moving relatively to objects that are being moved :)confused:). I have the latest driver for the Radeon (6.13.10.6043) installed. The LS-110 has V3.0.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am betting your cable is too long, this is the 5 meter one, get a 3 meter version and everything will be fine.

I had the same problem using the Ram 5 m P&D to DVI cable with my 7500 LP350.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Yes, despite the claims by the authorities (and many here!) that 5 meters is the practical limit for an "un-repeatered" DVI cable, it appears that 3 meters (or 15') is the *real* limit before things start to break down. Hmmm...15' from HTPC to projector...NOT!

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input. I just talked to cable seller's Tech Support. They second your statements. However they are currently out of the 3m....

I will definitely give it at try.

Thanks again!!

Axel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.