AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Pixel Protector DVD arrived today. I have 4x3 screen burn in on my Samsung plasma. I have begun the "wash," as they call it. I will let you know of the results.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lodrin,

How do I get an inverse 4x3 pattern? Because *sigh* the Pixel Pgrotection DVD hasn't worked.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotAhr /forum/post/0

Lodrin, How do I get an inverse 4x3 pattern? Because *sigh* the Pixel Pgrotection DVD hasn't worked.

What is this DVD, how does it work, do you run it just once...daily for a few days...or hour after hour when you first get it?

Keep us posted on the progress, if any.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem with my 4 month old Samsung 5073,I am bummed,is this dvd any good? Are there any solutions or am I stuck with this boat anchor?

·
Registered
480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotAhr /forum/post/0

How do I get an inverse 4x3 pattern?

Some plasmas (NEC, Panasonic, others?) have a setting where you can display the inverse colors, like a negative image. In this case, you would want to record a 4:3 program to your dvr, then pause it on a screen where the center screen is all white, so you have a white square filling all the 4:3 section of your panel and you have the black bars on the sides. Then you go into the panel settings and select "Inverse Image" and it will display the inverse, which means you would have a black square filling the center of the 4:3 screen (instead of white), and white bars on the sides (instead of black). Then you just let that run for a long time so the white burns down the side phosphors while the center (black) portion gets a rest.

If your panel does not have an inverse setting, then maybe the PixelProtector DVD has an image you can play through your DVD that fits the above description, namely black in the center 4:3 area, with white bars on the side. Or maybe someone can make such an image for you (be sure to get the pixels exactly right or it will create new funcky burn-in bars).

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has been quite some time since I have posted in this thread concerning the PixelProtector-DVD. I was in Peru South America for a while, but I am home again.

This DVD has begun to show me some positive results. I run it twice a day and the burn in has begun to fade. It was very bad for a while. Now, I could almost watch it the way it currently is, but I want that image gone for good.

What they say at the PixelProtector site is true (IMHO). It is easier to prevent a screen burn in issue than to get rid of it. I have used this product for about a three week total (twice a day) to get the results I am now getting. If you happen to purchase this product, when you are currently suffering an extensive burn in issue, the key will be to be Patient. It will work, but you have to use it daily and you can't expect it to get better over night.

I hope this helps guys. It is beginning to for me. I will post further results in a few more days.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Hot, it seems like the disk is doing a good job.

(1) How much does it cost ?

(2) How long does it play for?

(3) How long do YOU play it for daily/weekly ?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipsPhanatic /forum/post/0

Hot, it seems like the disk is doing a good job.

(1) How much does it cost ?

(2) How long does it play for?

(3) How long do YOU play it for daily/weekly ?

1- The disk price is right around $40

2- There are three different screens that can be used for removing the burn. The one that I use is called snow screen wash. It runs for one hour per session. The sales people said to use this twice a day for a total of two hours.

3- It plays for one hour twice a day... I use the product on four days... I take two/three days off in a row and use it in between the regular viewing habits of the family.

Hope that this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts