AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 refurb 5040's. One is working fine. The other (which is mostly full; circa 2hrs buffer available) has been "on" for most of the last 2 months (I hadn't been turning it off because it confuses my inlaws, though I've rearranged things so they can watch without using the replay now). In the last few weeks, it has started stuttering more often and pixelating (when recovering from stuttering). It's getting a little annoying.

HD retry/errors? Any easy way to figure out what it is? I do have a 160GB Maxtor drive waiting to get dropped in; I had been planning on dropping it in the PC and using DVArchive to pull stuff off the replays and story it there. On the other hand, the refurb warrantee will run out soon.

Comments?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
You have a good idea to free up disk space (go with 20% free) then reboot it. The problem just might go away.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
you dont have much time left...

free half the harddrive space so you have a clear test. If that doesn't clear it up don't break the seal and try to figure it out kinda quickly. If you figure out you need an RMA good for you cause you can still get one.

cow landers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.