AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a Panasonic TH-42PWD7 plasma monitor and a Panasonic S97S dvd player. My connection is via component cables. My component cables brand is Acoustics Research (AR) Performance Series. When I get very close to the plasma monitor I can see a lot a lot of pixelation all over the screen and specially in the black color. When I get far I don´t see them that well (obviously!!!).

My question is: is this normal? Are plasma monitor to be seen at a minimun distance or is that I have a problem with my cables and should upgrade to superior ones?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Doubt if cables will do anything.

Pixelation is usually caused by inability of a device to handle high data rate.

Component cables are analog. If you had problems there, pixelation would not be one of them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Actually standing close to any TV, some pixelation will be noticeable - TVs were not intended to be watched closely. I'd consider your description to be normal.

You can check around for some recommended viewing distances - viewing distances are based on screen size + signal input - with HD signals you can be much closer to the television than with SD signals.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answers. Sometimes is just hard not to think there is something wrong with your cables when you see all this advertisement from Monster Cables and the likes where they swear their customers actually saw a difference between one cable and another in picture quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.