AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I view standard DIRECTV channels upconverted via the component output of the SR HD-5, during fast motion

(i.e. basketball) I often see intense macro blocking of bright colors like red and blue. When these bright colors look like they're in slow motion it's almost unwatchable. It's as if the upconverter can't compensate for the heavy compression of DIRECTV. When the frames of text change on DIRECTV channel 753 this effect is really apparent. The text smears across the screen as the frame changes. Is anyone else experiencing this effect? I'd like to know if my receiver is defective or if this is a side-effect of upconverting the over-compressed DIRECTV channels? Since the DST-3000 is basically the same receiver, are owners of this product observing this same effect?

When I view standard DIRECTV channels via the S-video output of this receiver the pixelating isn't as noticeable. In this case I'm using the internal line doubler on my WS-65857. However, the overall color quality and sharpness of the picture isn't as good. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.