AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure on how to resolve this but there are some channels that appear to be heavly pixilated. I am not sure if it is my cable box or it is my tv. I have also noticed this on many of my regualar tv channels. I am using a HDMI cable to connect to my cable box.

I have a Samsung LNT4061 I just updated the firmware from the website.

Any help would be appreicated. I also tried to use the calibration from some of the posts but it does not seem to help much. Do you think that me upgading my firmware caused more issues?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Call your cable company and have them put a signal booster on your home wiring, it can help eliminate your weak signal problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies

I also have time warner as well they gave me a samsung

Is there a recommended box i should ask for

Also requesting for a signal booster do they have to do a site survey?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You can pick an HD only box or one with a DVR, the DVR will cost more per month. So it's just whatever you want.

When they install your boxes, just be sure the tech checks the signal at each box for signal strength. If one or more are too weak, he should put a booster in your attic. If they are already installed, you can call and complain about the pixelation and request a signal check inside your house. Sometimes the signal problem can be something outside your home, but they need to start inside. Also, when he is there look at an HD channel where you see pixelation and show him.

They won't install a booster unless they see the problem, so just requesting it won't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts