AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my Panasonic PT-AE2000U. Whilst perusing the myriad number of universal mounts available, I ran across a manufacturer that made this claim:

Beware of mounts that are made of steel. They WILL SHORTEN the life of your LAMP and PROJECTOR. We only use aluminum.

I found this claim at perfectmounts.com

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

My new Panasonic is replacing a Barco CRT 701S...man oh man, I can't wait til it arrives

·
Registered
157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaPilot /forum/post/14346326

I just ordered my Panasonic PT-AE2000U. Whilst perusing the myriad number of universal mounts available, I ran across a manufacturer that made this claim:

Beware of mounts that are made of steel. They WILL SHORTEN the life of your LAMP and PROJECTOR. We only use aluminum.

I found this claim at perfectmounts.com

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

My new Panasonic is replacing a Barco CRT 701S...man oh man, I can't wait til it arrives

I have been using steel mounts for over 5 years with no problems. Their claim makes no sense, and I cannot help but laugh at it. Since when does a mount cool down a projector, let alone the lamp?

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank6585 /forum/post/14346361

I have been using steel mounts for over 5 years with no problems. Their claim makes no sense, and I cannot help but laugh at it. Since when does a mount cool down a projector, let alone the lamp?

Only if it has a coil and a fan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking tank, thanks for the confirmation.

I appreciate the quick replies! Now I can order the mount I was looking at on ebay...Item number: 120285461054

That means everything is now on order! So close...perhaps this weekend...

·
Registered
75 Posts
He was referring to the heat transfer coefficient which may have been an issue if the mount was very close to the projector or if the projector was known to be hotter than others. Not in the mount you chose though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts