AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Focus Enhancements is not familiar with a problem I'm having using the new Centerstage CS-2.

My unit displays doted lines or just lines that do not go completely accorss the screen. They are white, black, colred or a combination of lines together sometimes different in color. They appear fast and disapear. They occur more at times. It is not my DVD players. It does not show up on my NEC 6PG Plus projetors test patterns. I tried both green sync and H/V sync with every resolution available. I have tried no custom resolutions yet. Pausing a scene in a DVD continues the problem of lines if it is at a point where they are an issue and if it's real preciece I can capture a flickering line. Should I PAY FOR SHIPPING this brand new unit to Focus Enhancements then wait the 21 days for them to fix it or replace it now? Should I wait until after christmas? It happens on the units coposite imput and interlaced component as well.

But wait. Before I send this off, is it a projector related issue?

This is extremely disappointing. Any help or advise would be great.

other thread

Note: I have the cable although my site says I have it on order.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
That sounds more like a problem with the processor. Can you hook it up to a VGA monitor with another cable? It is unlikely that your PJ is doing this, since it is an analog device, and what you describe sounds like digital errors in the processing.

Marc

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The same thing happens on my computer monitor with it so it must be the qualdrupler.

BTW, convergance, geometry, and everything else is perfect except the bottom left corner is slightly out of focus. I had lots of trouble with composite and s-video but RGB is exact. I'm very satisfied with the pj but I still want to see it in non spoiled action before I leave the seller on e-bay feedback.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
So it's the scaler. Thought as much. As for your PG, once you set it up a few times, you will improve your ability to dial it in to perfection. The PG6plus is a solid unit. Are you getting composite and s-video? That card is optional on that unit. Most of the time it is not installed, meaning you MUST use the RGB input. That would not be the sellers fault. Normally, you should not have the optional point board either. But on that unit you really do not need it to get good convergence.

Marc

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Also, IMHO, quadruple is more than the 6PG can handle. Try 720 or 768P. 960P is way to high.

Chip S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.